Sunday 22 March 2015

Medieval Pottery Tour...

After another full day in the Studio, we headed out for the Medieval Pottery tour...
This was new on our itinerary this year and I really wanted to see this.
It was through Etruscan caves... and the history was incredible.

I love this kind of history and finds.




I love this - finding Jesus on the old pottery.



I think this wing and section was my favourite part of the tour.
Soup bowls, or tea cups lined the walls.
I was in heaven.

Blue and white is my favourite color on pottery... 
I just kept thinking how my mom would love to be here.  I so wish I could take her a small piece...

I'm not sure if it was because we were underground and the lack of oxygen or just because we were exhausted from lack of sleep and early morning wake ups (have no idea why) and heavy studio days... we were all so sleepy.  Other than that.
This was a beautiful visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment