Sunday 22 March 2015

Inpromptu group dinners...

Last time we had dinner at a lovely little restaurant where they served Nidi (I think I'm spelling that right)... it's a beautiful pasta dish.  It's a speciality dish that everyone dreams of... Renee was and was dreaming of that dish as much as I was dreaming of my Zucchini pizza.

As for me - when we ate out this was my staple dish.  I don't eat pasta or bread or dairy.  In fact the only dairy I am allowed, if I have to have it is mozzarella cheese... so this was pretty much me.  There were some meat dishes but the menu was mostly in Italian so it was hard for me to choose sometimes and also the cost was really tough too... I think pizza is cheaper but I don't eat breads and I definitely can't eat a whole pizza by myself.  I made two exceptions for bread this trip, once in Venice and the other for Zepplins.

The exchange rate during this time was brutal for me.  This dish alone, together with meal tax and a water was often the most economical for me but cost me the same as four of us going out to eat for breakfast at home.  And that made me feel too guilty to indulge.  They say you shouldn't  convert all the time - but you do.  We had a lovely evening.  I got to sit and get to know Robin, Diana, Annie and Kristin.  Getting to know each other is the best part of these trips.  We walk along side each other online but then getting to meet each other is really special.

We planned to come back here for dinner on our last night together.

No comments:

Post a Comment