Thursday 22 January 2015

Love at first sight...

This has to be the most incredible door knocker I have ever seen - I fell instantly in love.

I went on a mission this year to find as many different door knockers I could find... because they all seem to tell their own story and are all so interesting.

The other thing that makes them such conversational pieces is that the doors open up onto the roads so you don't see many doors without them.  Where I come from you have to get through high walls and gates before you would see anyone's door knocker.

I hope that one day I will be able to find one as beautiful as this.  She captivated my heart.  I'm planning on doing a series in drawing or painting of all the different door knockers I found.  Even if just for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment