Sunday 22 March 2015

Monday after lunch and afternoon adventuring...

I took this picture at the top of the clock tower...
After our studio time and our daily courtyard lunch, we headed for our Duomo tour.
It's really a remarkable experience, to me one of the highlights of the trip.
And I found this experience was way more moving than the last...
Walking into the Duomo this time, there was music playing and a choir boy was singing.
It was really the most beautiful sounds and getting to hear Kristin sharing the history with that in the background.
...goosebumps and tears.
It was one of the most moving chapel moments I have ever had.

For all of us who chose to go in were deeply moved...
At dinner, when we spoke of it, Veronica and Dot were moved to tears.
Tender moments.

They were busy restoring the Duomo this trip, which made it tricky getting a good picture
but it does make my heart so happy that they keep it beautiful and restorative. 

When we walked into the Duomo, I managed to capture this picture, before I discovered we weren't allowed to take pictures.  It's so sad to me that we can't because it would be so remarkable to capture the sheer size and magnitude of this magnificent place.


I love the lines and details... breathtaking.

After this incredible tour, we continued to tour the village and have some down time.  Some of us went shopping and later we all joined back up for wine tasting, olive oil tasting among other wonderful eats.  It really was a feast!!! I don't drink because my body can't handle it and generally don't like the taste and if I ever do have a tiny bit of wine, I only do that at home and with Digz.  It's not something I want to do in a foreign land in case it has an adverse affect on me.  It's too scary for me.  So I didn't wine taste but I did olive oil taste and I did have a beautiful feast.  The food and pairings were incredible.  Renee and I couldn't stop eating the tomatoes and to me the artichokes and garlic were absolutely incredible.
The atmosphere was perfect and everyone was absolutely raving.

I think this day was one of my favourite days... Oh wait, I think I might say that at end of each beautiful, incredible day!

No comments:

Post a Comment