Saturday 19 July 2014

What started in Italy didn't end in Italy...

I started the piece on the left, in the Studio in Orvieto.  I didn't finish her because I was really struggling with the acrylics, it was one of the first times I had ever used them and I was determined to learn.  When I got home I hid her away with my acrylic paints because I was so frustrated.

In the 2nd image I had discovered beautiful neocolors, so I took her a step further.  I was much happier with her but I still packed her away.

 I eventually overcame my fears of Acrylic paints and have been practicing with them for a good year now, together with practicing my faces and working on my proportions etc... And I finally ready to call her finished.  It was a 2 year journey with me and her but she was birthed in Orvieto... I called her my Italian Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment